domingo, 19 de enero de 2014

Doll Quilt Swap 2014 :: DQS 2014

Si aun no conocen Flickr, deben! Es una comunidad de inspiración. Fotos, fotos y mas fotos. Y grupos, grupos y más grupos. Hay de todos los gustos. Grupos de fans de diseñadores de telas, de patrones, de diseñadores de patrones y también los hay de Intercambios. DQS es uno de ellos.

If you still havent heard of Flickr, you have to! Its a source of inspiration. Photos, photos and more photos. Groups, groups and more groups. One for each taste. There are Designers Fan Groups, Pattern Fan Groups, Pattern Designers Fan Groups and then there are also Swap Groups. DQS is one of them.

Me asignaron una pareja hace casi dos meses y mi trabajo era seguir sus gustos y hacerle algo que la haga feliz. Después de mucho investigar descubrí que le gusta el color aqua, los botones y los caramelos. No voy a develar su identidad aquí, pero tiene un blog y la sigo.

I was blinded assigned a partner two months ago and I started stalking her so I could make her something nice. After a lot of investigating-stalking I found out she loves aqua color, buttons and sweets. Im not going to tell you her name. She has a blog and Im a follower.


Decidi hacerle un Mini Quilt siguiendo un patrón de Granny Squares que podrás encontrar aquí.

I decided to make a Granny Squares Mini Quilt following this pattern.


Use tela de mi colección, solo compre Kona Snow para los bordes y la trasera. Le hice una etiqueta a mano y lo acolché con mi preciado hilo Aurifil Mako 40 2311.

I used only fabric from my stash and I bought Kona Snow for the sashing and the backing. I quilted it with my beloved Aurifil Mako 40 2311 and I added a handmade label.





Ojalá que a mi compañera le guste. Lo hice con todo mi cariño y fue todo un desafío. Muchas primeras veces en este proyecto.

I really hope my partner likes it. I made it with love and it was a real challenge. A lot of First Times into this one.

Nos vemos pronto! See you!


5 comentarios:

  1. It looks so cute, I love the colours and the quilting looks great.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Such fresh colours! You're going to have one very happy partner :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ooooh.....this mini quilt is just gorgeous!! The colour and pattern oozes peacefulness and calm!! Your partner is going to be 'over the moon' when she receives this beauty!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love the colors in this! beautiful! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I had to stop by and see if I could find your mini Granny Square quilt ;o) It is so lovely! I just love the blue fabrics you choose~so fresh and pretty!

    ResponderEliminar

Me encantan tus comentarios! Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarme unas líneas! Siempre respondo aquí, así que asegurate de volver de vez en cuando para que sigamos conociendonos mejor!